Bi-Directional Amplifier – BDA
BDA – What is it?
First responders rely on two-way radio communication to keep people and property safe. Often they face a dangerous loss of communication that presents a clear and present hazard. Factors that can lead to a loss of signal include the location of and proximity to the nearest public safety antenna, various obstructions, the building materials used, low e-glass, underground locations, RF or radio frequency interference – just to name a few.
Over 98.5% of first responders report dead spots in buildings. In the last 2 years alone, over 56% of responders reported a loss of communications. The problem is real – Our Emergency Responder Radio Communication Enhancement Solution (ERRCES) can provide 100% coverage insuring the best possible outcomes for everyone.
Our solution is currently the only UL 2524 listed bi-directional amplifier. The BDA boosts the signal from the public safety antenna and distributes it where needed through a Distributed Antenna System or (DAS). This amplification boosts signals in both directions making sure no communication is lost.
BDA – Why is this system important to you?
Current codes requirements call for a minimum of 95% coverage throughout all new buildings. The National Fire and Protection Association or NFPA requires 99% building coverage of all “critical areas” in a building.
By 2022, all buildings will be required to meet the standards as laid out by the governing authorities.
BDA – Why choose ACS Fire & Security?
- We have been providing Life Safety solutions to our clients for over 20 years, building trust of our loyal customers as a locally owned and operated company focused on their positive outcomes.
- We work closely with Fire Marshals and local Authorities Having Jurisdiction or AHJ’s on a daily basis and have built strong relationships with first responders and those connected to these systems.
- We chose to partner with one of the worlds most trusted companies – Honeywell. The Honeywell relationship allows us to offer the first (and only) start to finish fully integrated offering that is UL 2554 Listed, IFC, and NFPA compliant. That is a big deal!
- What is equally important is we can provide it in a cost-effective way that will save you a combination of Time Effort, and Money.
- We ensure seamless integration with the fire alarm system and monitoring allowing you to meet your deadlines.
BDA – What does one look like?
Looks like a fire alarm Panel
BDA – What is it that ACS Fire & Security can provide:
- An initial RF test to see if a BDA system is required
- Collaboration between you, local authorities, and our suppliers to design a cost efficient, code compliant solution and provide a detailed quote for a turn-key delivery.
- Permitting, specification requirements and fire alarm integration
- Signal certification
- System Monitoring – required by code
- An annual maintenance agreement- required by code
- Replacement of batteries every 3 years – required by code
- A 5-year system re-certification – required by code